Certification Request


A new Certification of Enrollment Request must be submitted for each term that you want to use your VA educational benefits. Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer terms are all considered separate terms by the VA. Terms not requested will not be certified. Late submissions and/or inaccurate information may cause a delay in the distribution of VA benefit payments.

Matriculated students are encouraged to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) BEFORE the term begins The FAFSA should be re-submitted each February.

PLEASE READ:  To send this request to the school certifying official, please remember to click the “Submit” button at the end of the webform. Submitting this form does NOT guarantee a VA payment, as the VA determines eligibility and benefits. Also, unsatisfactory attendance or academic progress can make you ineligible for VA benefits.

QUESTIONS:  If you have any questions while filling out this request, please contact our office at um.veterans@maine.edu.

Certification Request Form - Maine.edu email access required