The Society of Women Engineers at the University of Maine
Did you know only 20% of the undergraduate students in the College of Engineering are women? Joining the student section of the University of Maine Society of Women Engineers will help you connect with other women engineering students and build your network of future colleagues and established professional women engineers.
General meetings for the Spring 2021 semester will be held via Zoom on Thursdays from 5:00-6:00 (starting on February 4th). Contact a UMaine SWE officer for the link!
News from the National Society of Women Engineers
- SWE Raises Over $1 Million for Scholarships Benefitting Women in STEM
- Podcast: Dr. Sue Black on Defying the Odds to Succeed in Tech
- Motorola Solutions Foundation Scholarships Highlight Importance of Helping Women in STEM
- Engineering a Different Path
- Lost in Translation: Demystifying and Maximizing Asian Culture
News from the UMaine College of Engineering
Diamond Offshore Wind, RWE Renewables join the University of Maine to lead development of Maine floating offshore wind demonstration project
Navatek and UMaine win $5M Navy contract for research into additive manufacturing for Navy vessels
Girls Engineer Maine (GEM) receives funding to recruit women engineers
UMaine receives patent for composite building products made with cellulose nanofibers
UMaine professors receive Department of Energy grant to design novel energy-storage materials