Parking a far distance away? Use the Black Bear Safe app.
Black Bear Safe is a free application the campus community to gain quick and easy access to on-campus safety resources including emergency notifications and contacts.
If you are parked a far distance away and don’t feel safe on your walk to your destination, the “monitor me while I walk to my vehicle” feature can send your location and destination, using Friend Walk or Virtual Walkhome, to a friend or a UMaine PD dispatcher so they can track your progress on a map.
Users can also:
- Activate a “Mobile BlueLight” to send their location and a call to UMaine PD dispatchers
- Submit crime tips via the in-app form, over the phone, via chat with UMaine PD dispatchers, or anonymously using Campus Eyes
- Access support resources for Title IX, Health Counseling, and Mental Health Counseling
- View campus Emergency Plans including appropriate contact phone numbers
- Access other UMaine applications such as Navigate.
For full details of the app, such as how do download or FAQs, visit the University of Maine Police Department website.