What we offer
Visual Media provides management, guidance and support for all aspects of multimedia production to the university through a variety of methods and functions.
- Video and photo concept and project development
- HD and DSLR videography
- Video production, post-production and distribution
- Photography and video archiving and asset management
- Coordination with units across campus to leverage and streamline video and photo procurement and production
- Multimedia advising and coaching
UMaine’s visual content needs are met through the use of staff photographers and videographers for productions that are deemed institutional priorities. In addition, the unit maintains a list of vetted freelance producers and photographers to meet specific needs for units and departments across campus.
The visual media unit maintains a database of institutional stock and historical photos and video.
It also produces and archives significant UMaine events and manages UMaine’s online video presence on YouTube and through other venues.