Maine Writes Publications
Maine Writes is the annual journal publication of writing by Maine Writing Project teacher-consultants. Published in the fall, Maine Writes features teacher reflections, poetry, essays, and short fiction as well as articles reporting on teacher research and professional practice. The 2016 publication includes a special supplement: Our Words, the annual anthology of writing by 2016 Writing Project Institute Fellows. Maine Writes is available for purchase on Amazon.
- Volume Four (2017) – current edition on Amazon
- Volume Three (2016) ~ Amazon.
- Volume Two (2015) is available on Amazon, and an excerpt is available here.
- Volume One (2013) is also available on Amazon.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! Volume 4: If you are a Maine Writing Project TC, please click MWP Call to download the current call for submissions. And please submit!
Maine Youth Writes is the 2016 anthology of writing by young writers in our Young Authors Summer Program with camps at the University of Maine at Orono, the University of Maine at Augusta, Bar Harbor hosted by the Summer Festival of the Arts, and Mount Desert hosted by Camp Beech Cliff. Maine Youthe Writes is now available on Amazon.
- Maine Youth Writes (2017), Volume 3 (current edition)
- Maine Youth Writes (2016), Volume 2
- Young Words (0ur 2015 young authors camp anthology) Volume 1
Maine Writes Mission Statement: Maine Writes is the publishing enterprise of the Maine Writing Project. Periodically, we publish writing by MWP teacher-consultants and by young authors that we support.
- We believe in the first-rate quality of our TCs writing. Maine Writes anthologies represent the large range of interests and experiences that make up the Maine Writing Project.
- We believe in teachers as writers and that there is intrinsic value in producing tangible proof of this belief. Maine Writes can help prospective members, public officials, and the public at large understand and appreciate the work that we do.
- We believe in creating continual opportunities for our MWP teacher-consultants to stay connected to our organization by both submitting and publishing their work. The editorial board and other functions related to producing Maine Writes are opportunities for our TCs to learn and to take on new endeavors that are of value and interest to them. We believe that opportunities for growth and participation should begin, not end, with becoming a Teacher-consultant of the Maine Writing Project.
- We also believe in authentic opportunities for the young writers we support to publish their writing. Our annual Young Authors Camp anthology is one way in which we further the work of aspiring writers.