How to Join MWP
Would you like to improve your writing and learn more about the teaching of writing? Do you see yourself as a teacher of teachers…or would you like to be?
Join the Maine Writing Project and earn Graduate Credits!
We are an association of 300 educators from across the state of Maine. Each year educators join our ranks by participating in our annual institute. The Annual Institute is an opportunity to look closely at your own writing and student writing, to talk with colleagues about issues and ideas in the teaching of writing, to work toward becoming teacher leaders, and to share classroom practices or activities. Fellows who complete the annual institute become teacher-consultants (TCs) of the Maine and National Writing Projects.
The Writing Project Institute includes two, three-credit graduate courses from the University of Maine.
Erl 545 = January 22-May 10, 2019
ERL 546 = July 1-3 and 8-12, 2019
- ERL 545: One 3-credit course is conducted entirely online during the UMaine spring semester.
- Read about writing and the teaching of writing, and respond to your reading in online discussion Forums.
- Create a writer’s journal.
- Compose creative and informational writing that’s important to you, and receive support for your writing from an online response group as well as an experienced Maine Writing Project coach.
- ERL 546: One 3-credit course is a seven-day institute that takes place on campus at UMaine during June and July (7 days).
- Continue to share your reading response and writing composition face-to-face with colleagues you have come to know online during the spring.
- Share a demonstration of your teaching practice that you value with these colleagues and learn from experiencing a slice of their teaching experience.
Questions? Click here to download more information and FAQs, or contact Maryia LaBree at Maryia.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-581-2443.