Sign the Pledge
Male’s Pledge Against Violence
- to educate myself on issues surrounding violence while developing personal beliefs against the use of violence
- to be a positive role model for my community
- to look honestly at my actions in regard to violence and make changes if necessary
- to educate others on all issues surrounding violence
- to take initiative! I will be prepared and have the courage to correct others regarding violence
- to support women’s groups. I may not be able to prevent all violence but I will help those who have been victimized
- to be aware of pre-existing beliefs, stereotypes or rumors that may alter my judgements
- to challenge the social norm, nothing will change
- to learn to identify problematic situations to help victims
By signing below, your name will be added to MAAV’s anti-violence pledge sheet.
Spread the MAAV message throughout your community.
For more information on the University of Maine’s MAAV program, call 207.581.3138 or visit the MAAV website.