INFORMATION ON ECONOMIC RESPONSE/SUPPORT
Note: We do not claim this to be a complete list. Other links can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for possible inclusion on this site.
- SBA’s Emergency Cash Advance Program offering $10,000 in emergency cash to those who qualify, with no need to pay back. Information available here.
- Free legal answers offered in Maine through the American Bar Association during Coronavirus crisis. Go to maine.freelegalanswers.org
- The New York Times announced this afternoon – Friday, March 27, 2020 – that “President Trump … signed into law the largest economic stimulus package in modern American history, backing a $2 trillion measure designed to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.”
- Brad Gilman, Rick Marks, and Sebastian O’Kelly of Robertson Monagle & Eastaugh prepared a detailed analysis of the Senate COVID-19 Legislation Phase III – The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), which is available here.
- David Frulla, David Hickey, and Timothy Lavender of Kelley Drye & Warren LLP prepared a detailed analysis of the small business provisions of Title I of Division A of the CARES Act, the “Keeping American Workers Paid and Employed Act,” which creates the “Paycheck Protection Program” (PPP). This analysis is available at Federal Relief Package Includes $350 Billion for Small Business.
- Videos from Maine SBDC to help small businesses applying for disaster loans
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan for Canadians and Businesses
- Canada Employment & Social Development
- Canadian Summary of Emergency Funds
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- U.S. Department of Commerce – Quick Take: Coronavirus Economic Impact
- Maine Department of Labor – Unemployment
- Finance Authority of Maine – Loan Program
- Massachusetts Small Business Recovery Loan Fund
- New Hampshire COVID-19 Business Resources
- Prince Edward Island – Financial Support
- Quebec Temporary Aid for Workers Progam
- U.S. ”Coronavirus Preparedness and. Response Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2020”