Anthropology and Environmental Policy
NOTE: This program is no longer accepting applications for Fall 2023.
Students may enter the MA program with a bachelor’s degree in anthropology or a related social or natural science discipline. Students may enter the PhD program with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in anthropology or a related social or natural science discipline.
Core Curriculum: All students must complete 12 hours of core requirements focused on the human dimensions and cross-cultural perspectives on environmental policy and governance. The remaining courses are tailored to each student’s background, environmental focus area, and national or international environmental policy interest.
- Students entering the program with a related master’s degree will need to take 36 student credit hours.
- Students entering the program with a bachelor’s degree will need to take 60 student credit hours.
- The non-thesis MA program requires completion of 30 credit hours of graduate coursework.
- Students enrolled in the PhD program who complete the requirements for the MA degree before the Ph.D. may be awarded the MA.
- Students enrolled in the PhD program who exit the program prior to completion may apply a maximum of 3 thesis credit hours toward the minimum requirement of 30 credits for the MA degree.
Degrees offered: PhD, MA
Program Format: On Campus
Application deadline: January 1 (Fall only)
Test Required: None
Contact: Christine Beitl
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Website: Anthropology and Environmental Policy