Required Application Materials
- Application for graduate degree and application fee
- Primary advisor agreement email from a faculty member at the University of Maine
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official college/university transcripts from all institutions attended
- Draft of Program of Study (POS)
Supplemental application materials can be submitted directly within the application or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are able to enroll in coursework prior to submitting a formal application as a non-degree student and apply for regular admission at a later date.
A grade of B or better must be attained in each course taken as a non-degree student.
Students initiating their studies as non-degree students are able to transfer up to six hours of graduate non-degree credit (with the approval of the student’s advisory committee) for work done at UMaine prior to admission.
A maximum of six hours in transfer credits from other institutions is also acceptable upon appropriate approval.