2019 High School Research Internship Program
The application cycle for the 2019 ME EPSCoR High School Research Internship is now open!
Maine EPSCoR is pleased to announce the Maine EPSCoR High School Internship Program at the University of Maine in Orono for the summer of 2019. This program provides Maine high school students with a paid, hands-on opportunity to participate in cutting edge research with faculty, postdocs, and graduate students at UMaine. Students will gain real-world experience in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics. This research experience provides an excellent opportunity to explore potential STEM careers, learn new skills, and gain valuable work experience in research, all while having fun!
To apply, students must complete an application, provide a copy of their high school transcript, and include a letter of recommendation.
- This program is open to ALL Maine high school students
- Applicants must be 16 or older by 6/1/19
- Students should have a current overall average grade of 80 (3.0 GPA)
- Students must have daily transportation to the University of Maine at Orono (housing not provided)
- Students must complete a final presentation in August
- Priority will be given to students completing their Junior year
Application Deadline: February 23, 2019