Skip to main navigation
Skip to site navigation
Skip to content
- Teacher Prep Program of Study Chart – This document provides information regarding the coursework and other requirements as students progress through teacher candidacy, field experiences and student teaching.
- Academic Fact Sheets – These Fact Sheets will give you information about each of our programs of study.
- Data from Teacher Candidates – Each year, all graduates of the University of Maine’s College of Education and Human Development teacher preparation programs complete a survey to inform the college of how effective aspects of their program have been in preparing them to work in Maine classrooms and beyond. The majority of graduates felt that their program preparation provided them with the content knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to work in PK-12 classrooms. Faculty in the teacher preparation programs use this data to inform program revisions to ensure that our graduates are well prepared to meet the needs of all learners.
- Testing Requirements – All teacher preparation program students are required by the State of Maine to pass required tests prior to becoming certified to teach in the State of Maine. The College of Education and Human Development require that these tests be passed as part of the student’s program of study (See Program of Study Chart). Registration for these tests can be found on the ETS website: http://www.ets.org/praxis/me
- CHRC/fingerprinting – All teacher preparation program students are required to complete and pass a Criminal History Records Check/fingerprinting through the Maine Department of Education as part of their Teacher Candidacy and prior to any field experience. Students can register for fingerprinting on the following website: https://me.ibtfingerprint.com. Additionally, students must complete a one-page application and submit a $15 fee to have the Maine Department of Education process an approval card which will be mailed directly to you at the address noted on the application.