Recent research/scholarly publications by faculty members from the University of Maine College of Education and Human Development are listed below. For publications with multiple authors, college faculty members are highlighted in bold. To see more publications, visit our faculty-staff directory and click on the links to faculty profile pages.
- (2022). Rural Women, Higher Education, and the Mixed Legacies of Early 20th Century Domestic Science Initiatives. Journal of Women and Gender in Higher Education, 15:3, 293-307.
- Brendli, K., Taylor, J.P., Scott, L.A., Hobson, J., Powell, C. & Ruiz, A. (2022). Won’t Stop, Can’t Stop: Alternative Route to Licensure Special Education Teachers’ Persistence in Their Careers. Journal of Education and Learning, 11(6), 76-85.
- Martin, A.D., Mills, T. (2022). Materiality, Affect, and Diverse Educational Settings: A Collaborative Inquiry Between Urban and Rural Teacher Educators. In: Martin, A.D. (eds) Self-Studies in Urban Teacher Education. Self-Study of Teaching and Teacher Education Practices, vol 25. Springer, Singapore.
- Lacy, A.M.P., Bowman, T.G., Huggins, R.A., Lininger, M.R., Denegar, C.R., Casa, D.J., & Singe, S.M. (2022). Secondary school athletic trainers’ experiences with organizational conflict: A comparison across employment models. Journal of Athletic Training.
- Lacy, A.M.P., Stearns, R.L., Eason, C.M., & Casa, D.J. (2022). Secondary school athletic coaches’ perceptions and knowledge of the athletic training profession. Journal of Athletic Training.
- Lacy, A.M.P., Eason, C.M., Chu, E.L., Stearns, R.L., & Casa, D.J. (2022). Youth athletes’ parents’ perceptions and knowledge of the athletic training profession. Journal of Athletic Training.
- Sezen-Barrie, A., & Avraamidou, L. (2022). “‘A Different Kind of Middleman”: Preservice Science Teachers’ Agency for Climate Change Education.” In Justice and Equity in Climate Change Education (pp. 174-197). Routledge.
- Sezen-Barrie, A., Henderson, J. A., & Drewes, A. L. (2022). “Spatial and Temporal Dynamics in Climate Change Education Discourse: An Ecolinguistic Perspective.” In Critical Thinking in Biology and Environmental Education (pp. 189-209). Springer: Cambridge.
- Reagan. T. (2022). Democracy and world language education: Toward a transformation. Information Age Publishing: Charlotte, NC.
- Hakkola, L., & Dyer, S. J. V. (2022). Role conflict: How search committee chairs negotiate faculty status, diversity, and equity in faculty searches. Journal of Diversity in Higher Education.
- (2022). A public health approach to preventing hazing on a university campus. Journal of American College Health.
- Taylor, J., Avellone, L., Brooke, V., Wehman, P., Inge, K., Schall, C., & Iwanaga, K. (2022). The impact of competitive integrated employment on economic, psychological and physical health outcomes for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities.