Dr. C. Matt Graham, Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems
University of Maine
Maine Business School
5723 DP Corbett Business Building, Room 330
Orono, ME 04469-5723
- BUA 235: Information Systems and Technology for Business
- BUA 367: Databases for Decison-making
- BUA 363: Network Design and Applications
Prior to coming to UMaine, Matt was the Chair of the Business Administration and Computer Technology programs at Andover College located in Portland and Lewiston ME. He also taught web design and computer application courses at the University of Southern Maine’s Lewiston and Auburn campus and for Central Maine Community College.
Prior to his teaching career, Matt worked in Insurance, business to business credit analysis, Internet technology, and owned his own business. The business was a Bodega which focused the sales of Spanish and Jamaican groceries.
When not teaching or studying, Matt enjoys collecting comic books. He is the proud owner of a # 1 first edition X-Men comic book published in 1963.
Ph.D., Information Systems, Nova Southeastern University, Ms.Ed., (Business Education) Southern NH University, BS, (Business Administration) Husson University
Recipient of UMaine’s 2011 Faculty Technology Stipend for developing an in-class SMS text messaging system to increase student engagement in large classes
Information Security, computer privacy, online learning environments, open-source web technologies, and workplace e-learning. In 2011, Matt was the program coordinator for International Educator Group’s conference titled: Education in 2025.
- Jones, N. & Graham, C.M. (2015). Virtual Teams in Business and Distance Education: Reflections from an MBA Class. Journal of Business and Economic Policy. 2(1): 49 – 59.
- Graham, C.M., Daniels, H., & Doore, B. (2015). Millennial Leadership: The Oppositional Relationship between Leadership Type and the Quality of Database System’s Development in Virtual Environments. International Journal of e-Collaboration. (Accepted December 1, 2014).
- Graham, C. M., Miaoulis, G. (2013) The Case for a SMS Texting Integrated Classroom: Learning Preferences and Student Perceptions. Journal of Innovative Education Strategies. (Accepted July 17th, 2013).
- Graham, C.M., Anchors, S., & Doore, B. (2012). Student Learning Preferences and SMS Text Messaging: A Web 2.0 Large Classroom Engagement System. International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Research.2(8): 638-645.
- Graham, C.M. & Jones, N. (2011). Cognitive Dissonance Theory and Distance Education: Faculty Perceptions on the Efficacy of and Resistance to Distance Education. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology. (Accepted November 8th, 2011)
- Graham, C.M. & Jones, N. (2011). Improving Business Performance with Web 2.0 Technologies. Journal of Business Excellence. (Accepted April 17th, 2011)
- Graham, C. M. & Miaoulis, G. (2010).Web 2.0 Social Networking Technologies & Student Engagement: An Evaluation of an In-Class Question-Answer SMS Text Messaging System. Journal of Innovative Education Strategies. 1(1) : 26-40.
Peer-Reviewed Book Chapter
- Jones, N. & Graham, C.M. (2009). Improving Hybrid Course Delivery in Distance Education with Emerging Technologies. In Y.K. (1st Ed.) Learning Management System Technologies and Software Solutions for Online Teaching: Tools and Applications. Hershey, PA: IGI Publishing
- Jones, N. & Graham, C.M. (2012) Trends in Distance Education. In Y.K. (2nd Ed.) Learning Management Systems. Hershey, PA:IGI Publishing
Graham, C. M. (2012). MIS for the Business Student: A Technical Use and Development Guide. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing Company.
Graham, C.M. (2010). HIPAA and HITECH Compliance: An Exploratory Study of Healthcare Facilities Ability to Protect Patient Health Information. Proceedings of the 2010 Northeast Business and Economics Association (NBEA). Montclair, NJ. (Accepted).
- Graham, C.M. (2015) Millennial Teamwork: Technical Proficiency’s Impact on Virtual Team Effectiveness and the Emergence of a New Contributing Factor for Success within Virtual Teams. The U.S. Annual conference of the International Academy of Business. Washington D.C. April 2015
- Graham, C.M. (2104) Leadership for Systems Development in Virtual Spaces. The U.S. Annual conference of the International Academy of Business. Washington D.C. November 2014
- Graham, C.M. & Jones, N (2011). Faculty Perceptions on the Efficacy of Distance Education and Why are they still so Resistant? The 2nd Annual New England Regional Sloan-C Conference presentation. Portland, ME. May 18th, 2011
- Graham, C. M. & Miaoulis, G. (2010).Web 2.0 Social Networking Technologies & Student Engagement: An Evaluation of an In-Class Question-Answer SMS Text Messaging System. The U.S. annual conference of the International Academy of Business. Las Vegas, NV. May 9th – May 12th, 2010
- Jones, N. & Graham, C.M. (2009). Strategies and Emerging Technologies for Improving Hybrid Course Delivery in Distance Education. The 1st New England Regional Sloan-C Conference presentation. Portland, ME. Oct. 30th, 2009
- Co-Editor of the International Academy of Business Review. Two-year appointment beginning January, 2014.
- Editor, Strategic Management and Leadership for Systems Development in Virtual Spaces Hershey, PA: IGI Publishing. (Forthcoming in summer of 2015)
Professional Service / Consulting
January 2015 to present, Serves on the Board of Directors for OHI, Inc.
May 2014 to present, Redesigned and Upgraded Pawn Shop Database Management Systems for Coastal Trading & Pawn’s 6 stores. (Auburn, Augusta, Brunswick, Lewiston, and 2 stores in Portland).
July 2013 to present, Developed and continue to maintain a Web Application for CUSO Mortgage Corp that captures new mortgage applicant data and forwards that information to a cloud-based database system. This information system is used by 21 credit unions throughout Maine and New Hampshire.
July 2013 to present, Developed and Maintain CUSO Mortgage Corp.’s company Intranet used for in-house communication, document management, and project management.