How To Enter Student Authorization
Authorize Financial Aid Payments
We must have your permission if you would like us to apply your Federal Financial Aid to any charges other than tuition, fees, and room & board within the same aid year. Granting permission can make your account easier to manage. To grant that permission, follow the instructions below to update your student authorizations on MaineStreet.
Hold Credit Balance for Future Charges
Financial aid resulting in a credit balance on your account will be automatically refunded to you unless you request that it be held to apply to future charges. To authorize us to hold a credit balance on your account for future charges, follow the instructions below to update your student authorizations on MaineStreet
After logging into the MaineStreet portal, click the Student Center Tile.
- Click on Compass Icon, in the top right corner. Then click Navigator.
- Select Self-Service > Campus Finances > Student Authorization.
- On the Authorize Financial Aid Payments and Student Refunds page, the UMS Institution(s) you are enrolled at will appear listed in the Business Unit column of the Account Information section. Click the Select button for the institution of your choice.
- On the Student Authorization page, indicate the option(s) you authorize by placing a checkmark in the appropriate checkbox(es).
- Note: If If you are unable to check either box, the institution you selected does not allow for online authorizations.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the Return button.