President’s Campus Leadership Award
Maine Campus Compact’s (MCC) President’s Campus Leadership Award recognizes a student organization or campus department at each MCC member institution for its contributions to community service, service-learning, and/or civic engagement efforts on their campus.
GOALS – Recognize organizations or departments that have made exemplary contributions to the establishment and growth of campus civic engagement.
● Department or student organization is part of an MCC member institution. (UMaine is a member institution.)
● Each MCC member President may select one student organization or campus department to receive the award. President’s office will receive all nominations and determine which will be submitted to MCC.
● These organizations or departments must demonstrate:
- Use of service as an integral part of the college experience for students;
- Innovative approach to enhancing campus-based efforts to address community issues and needs;
- Efforts to sustain their work by developing strategies to integrate into the institution’s structure; and,
- A deep, widespread impact on the campus and community.
● Each nomination must include the name of the department/organization, a contact person (including address, email and phone) and a short paragraph describing the work the student organization or department has done on campus. Please be sure to explain their contributions to service-learning, service, and/or civic engagement efforts on campus.
● April 12, 2022- Award Winners Announced
● April 28, 2022- MCC 21st Annual Awards Ceremony (Video Release)
SUBMISSION – Please submit nominations materials by February 11, 2022 to:
Bodwell Center for Service & Volunteerism