Diving Control Board, Diving Safety Officer & Scientific Divers
UMaine Diving Operations Manager/ Diving Safety Officer
The UMaine Diving Operations Manager/ Diving Safety Officer (DOM/DSO) maintains oversight and operational control of all scientific diving operations and reports to both the UMaine Diving Control Board and the Department of Safety Management. The DOM/DSO conducts diver training, dive support, and operational supervision for all UMaine System scientific diving operations.
- Christopher Rigaud, M.S. – UMS Dept. Safety Mgmt.
UMaine Diving Control Board
- Emmanuel Boss, PhD. – School of Marine Sciences
- Sean P. ONeill- School of Marine Sciences
- Robert Steneck, PhD. – School of Marine Sciences
- Richard Wahle, PhD. – School of Marine Sciences
- Rhian G. Waller, PhD.- School of Marine Sciences
UMaine Diving Advisory Board
- Robert L. Downs – Darling Marine Center
- Warren Riess, PhD. – Darling Marine Center
- Mark L. Wells, PhD. – School of Marine Sciences
Active Scientific Divers
Note: This information is intended as a quick-reference for UMaine Scientific Divers. This information should not be considered comprehensive and is not sufficient for reciprocity purposes. Divers not listed must check with the Diving Safety Officer Prior to engaging in diving activities.
–to be posted–