Associate Professor of Mathematics Education
Faculty Member of the RiSE Center
140 Shibles Hall
Email Eric Pandiscio
- Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin, 1994
- M.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1991
- A.B., Economics, Brown University, 1985
Research and Public Service
- Research in the learning of Geometry
- Service in the design and implementation of the Professional Development Network
Dimmel, J. K., Pandiscio, E., & Bock, C. G. (2021). Multiplication by sunlight: How can a geometric definition be realized in a physical tool? Journal of Mathematics Education at Teachers College, 12(1), 9-16.
Dimmel, J. K., Pandiscio, E., & Bock, C. G. (2020). The geometry of movement: Encounters with spatial inscriptions for making and exploring mathematical figures. Special issue of Digital Experiences in Mathematics Education, 1-27. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40751-020-00078-0
Dimmel, J. K., & Pandiscio, E. (2020). When it’s on zero, the lines become parallel: Pre-service elementary teachers’ diagrammatic encounters with division by zero. Journal of Mathematical Behavior, 58(1), 1-22.
Pandiscio, E. (2019). Using real world contexts to explore fundamental mathematical ideas. Learning and Teaching Mathematics, 2019(27), 17-22.