Ray Sylvester Distinguished Service Award
The Ray Sylvester Distinguished Service Award honors an individual who has provided sustained, non-compensated volunteer service to others beyond the realm of academia. The award recipient receives a $1,000 honorarium, a life membership and a recognition citation. The award is given once per biennium.
Deadline – February 1, 2018
- The nominee cannot be a sitting Phi Kappa Phi board member, regional vice president, member of the Distinguished Service Award committee or Society employee
- The service cannot be part of the nominee’s job description or position
- The service cannot be the sole donation of money to a cause or organization
- The service can be performed by a non-U.S. citizen and conducted in any country
- The nominee must be an active member with current dues paid as of February 1, 2016