The Professional Employees Advisory Council (“PEAC”) seeks to raise the awareness of the campus community about the contributions that professional employees (both represented and non-represented) make to the quality, diversity, and overall mission of the University of Maine. One award will be given to a professional employee whose actions and achievements beyond normal work responsibilities have provided outstanding service to their field, the University of Maine, and the community as a whole. In recognition of the employee’s accomplishments and contributions, a cash stipend of $1,000 is presented to the recipient.
A professional employee must be nominated by another University of Maine employee. In order to be eligible for consideration, each nominee must meet the following minimum requirements:
- the nominee is a current professional employee;
- the nominee has served the University of Maine a minimum of 3 continuous years; and
- the nominee is not a past recipient of the award.
Selection of award recipients will be based upon the nomination submittals that best reflect the following criteria:
- Demonstrating a dedication to serving others.
- Maintaining the highest level of professional services and standards within their disciplines or areas of responsibility.
- Helping to create a better campus environment for students, faculty, and staff.
- Have demonstrated public service through significant contributions to:
- their field (e.g., professional associations, committees, and boards)
- the University of Maine (e.g., university committees and councils), and
- their community (e.g., schools, nonprofit organizations, and government).
The professional employee will be selected by the Professional Employees Advisory Council.