The Motor Pool maintains full size sedans, two and four-wheel drive pick up trucks, cargo vans, 8-passenger and 12-passenger vans .
*Anyone that operates a larger van must be over the age of 21 if transporting more than 5 people in the vehicle.
|Rates effective Sept. 3, 2018|
|Vehicle Class||Mileage||Daily Charge|
|Cargo Vans (2 passengers)||$0.23/mi||$43/Day*|
|2×4 pick-up Trucks||$0.23/mi||$44/Day*|
|4×4 pick-up Trucks||$0.24/mi||$44/Day*|
* A rental day is defined as beginning at 7:00 a.m. and terminating at 7:00 a.m. on the following day. Any vehicle picked up prior to 7am or returned after 7am the following day is subject to an additional daily charge (see chart above).
* All rentals include gas and insurance.
- University Vehicles are to be used only for University business or related University business and are NOT to be taken home for any reason.
- No smoking in Motor Pool vehicles.
- No pets/animals allowed in Motor Pool vehicles.
- Observe all applicable traffic rules and regulations while operating any vehicle.
- Be alert at all times while operating any vehicle.
- Only University Faculty-Staff-Students are permitted to use Motor Pool vehicles. Passengers who do not fit into these categories must be approved by the Motor Pool Office.
- Anyone that operates a larger van must be over the age of 21 if transporting more than 5 people in the vehicle.
To be eligible to rent a University vehicle from the motor pool you must:
- be a University of Maine student employee, student group, faculty or staff member;
- possess a valid drivers license for at least two years and must be over the age of 18 with at least two years driving history;
- complete the License Agreement Form authorizing the Motor Pool to perform a background check on their driving record;
- pass the Systems Office-Risk Management criteria as per the background check with the State of issue for their driver’s license;
- complete a Vehicle Requisition Form;
- complete the Student Travel Information & Roster Form if they are a student or student organization renting a Motor Pool vehicle that will not have a faculty or staff person accompanying them on their trip; and
- have not incurred any violations in conjunction with operating a Motor Pool vehicle
University Motor Pool
The University of Maine Motor Pool is located at the Facilities Management complex on Rangeley Road. It maintains more than 35 vehicles, ranging from sedans to four-wheel drive pick up trucks and 8 passenger vans. The Motor Pool provides clean, reliable rental vehicles at a competitive price to the University of Maine community.
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Please contact the Motor Pool at 581.2645 with any questions. Printable forms can be completed and faxed to the Motor Pool at 581.2655.