UMaine Extension publications offer Thanksgiving food safety tips
The University of Maine Cooperative Extension offers information and tips to safely enjoy Thanksgiving.
Resources serve to educate readers on how to select, thaw and cook a turkey, as well as how to safely handle and prepare other food. Seasonal publications also include how to make wreaths, preserve cranberries and heat a home efficiently.
Visit the UMaine Cooperative Extension Publications Catalog for bulletins including:
- Helpful Hints on Handling Turkeys for Thanksgiving
- Basics for Handling Food Safely
- General Food Safety Tips for Preparing Food
- Balsam Fir Tip Harvesting
- Making Balsam Fir Wreaths
- Maine Home Energy Series
- Let’s Preserve: Cranberries
Information about safe turkey handling also is available on the Facebook page of Eat Well, UMaine Extension’s volunteer food and nutrition education program.