Outdoor Leadership Program
Fall 2021 Outdoor Leadership Program
Are you interested in working in the outdoors? This program is perfect for those who are interested in education, teaching, environmental education, parks and tourism, and anyone who may find themselves leading outdoor programming.
This experience is designed to provide participants a foundational understanding of outdoor leadership. To complete the program candidates must attend eight 1.5 hour classes, participate in two Maine Bound Adventure Center trips/clinics, and attend an overnight expedition with class members. Upon completion, participants will receive a certificate in Outdoor Leadership. This program does not earn academic credit.
Instruction Topics Include:
- History of Outdoor Education
- Facilitation & Debriefing Skills
- Teaching & Lesson Planning
- Leadership Styles
- Group Dynamics
- Decision Making
- Risk Management
- Communication & Feedback
- Outdoor Skills
Important Class Dates:
- Classes will meet weekly at the Maine Bound Adventure Center on Tuesday evenings from 5:30-7:00pm.
- Classes begin 9/14 and continue through 11/09. Class will not meet on 10/12.
- Overnight backpack/canoe expedition will be 10/16-10/17. There is a $20 class fee for the overnight expedition.
Tuesday, September 7th
Selections for the class will be made be by Friday, September 10th.
Applications are submitted online via a google form. Access the application here: Application Form
$20 plus the registration fee for one MB trip and clinic of your choice.
Tuesday, September 7th, 2021
Invitations to join the class will be sent: No later than Friday, September 10th, 2021
Questions? Contact Beth Jackson, 207-581-1710 email@example.com