- This event has passed.
Webinar: Self-Advocacy, Services and Technology for Adults with Disabilities
July 8, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am| FREE
Join the Maine Parent Federation for this free webinar via Zoom and Facebook!
Attendees will learn about:
- Barriers experienced by adults with disabilities in getting services that support living independently and productively in their communities,
- COVID related issues & self-advocacy strategies to address them,
- How to use person-centered planning, reasonable accommodation and grievances as advocacy tools,
- How adults are using Telehealth services in Maine,
- The results of a recent survey of Maine community service providers,
- Assistive technology (AT) services, resources and funding in Maine, and Success stories about adults with intellectual disabilities from the Maine DDC iPad Project.
Presenters: Lauren Mille, Esq, Disability Rights Maine, Marco Orlando, Speaking Up for Us, Alan Kurtz, PhD, Center for Cener for Community Inclusing and Disability Services, Kathy Adams OTL, ATP, MaineCite Director, Rachel Dyer, Maine DDC, Associate Director.
This webinar is free but you must register with the Maine Parent Federation. Register here
Questions? Contact the Maine Parent Federation at 800-870-7746 or E-mail: email@example.com.