Regional Graduate Scholarship
The Regional Graduate Scholarship reduces out-of-state tuition from $1,361/credit hour to $650/ credit hour for Fall 2017 admitted students from Vermont, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania into the following graduate programs:
- Animal Science (MPS program)
- Biological Engineering (non-thesis option)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Civil & Environmental Engineering (non-thesis option)
- Communication (non-thesis option)
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Ecology and Environmental Science (non-thesis option)
- Electrical & Computer Engineering (non-thesis option)
- Financial Economics (non-thesis option)
- Food Science and Human Nutrition (non-thesis option)
- Forestry (MF Program)
- Global Policy
- History (non-thesis option)
- Human Development
- Higher Education Student Development
- Mechanical Engineering (non-thesis option)
- Modern Languages (MAT program in French and Spanish)
- Professional Science Masters in Marine Sciences
- Social Work
About the Regional Scholarship Program
How do I apply?
Students are automatically considered for the Regional Graduate Scholarship. No additional paperwork is necessary.
Is the scholarship renewable?
Yes, if you qualify, the scholarship will follow you over the course of your graduate study.
I’m a returning student. Do I qualify?
Unfortunately, no. Only new students entering in Fall 2017 or beyond qualify for the Regional Graduate Scholarship.
I want to switch graduate programs. Can I still qualify?
The scholarship only applies to students admitted for the Fall 2017 or beyond term students in select graduate programs.
I’m conditionally admitted. Do I qualify for the scholarship?
Yes, both fully and conditionally admitted students are eligible.
I’m from another state, but attend college in a qualifying state. Am I eligible?
Residency is determined by your permanent address.
For more information about the Regional Graduate Scholarship, contact the University of Maine Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-581-3291