Special Education Leadership: Assistant Administration
The Special Education Leadership: Assistant Administration graduate certificate is an online, 12-credit program aimed to meet the demand for special education administrators. Assistant Special Education Administrators assist the Special Education Directors in decision-making and providing students with disabilities the proper attention, assistance, and education to help them succeed. The certificate can also lead to Maine certification in Assistant Administrator of Special Education (035) and could lead to earning certification in other states.
Graduates of the online graduate certificate in Special Education Leadership: Assistant Administration will learn how to:
- Positively affect the quality and future of special education and promote the general welfare of children with disabilities
- Serve and support children with disabilities and their families
- Protect the privacy of students and families in accordance with State and Federal laws
- Foster and support maximum self-determination and independence on the part of exceptional children
- Utilize impartial professional judgment in evaluating the needs of exceptional children and their families
Graduates can also find opportunities outside the classroom as educational advocates or consultants or even as political advisers on key legislative topics.
Degrees offered: Graduate Certificate
Program Format: Online
Application deadline: Rolling
Test Required: None
Contact: Sarah Howorth
Contact Email: email@example.com
Program Website: Special Education Leadership: Assistant Administration