Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports is a model that focuses on research-based methods of prevention and intervention combined with data-based decision making to improve student behavioral and academic outcomes. The purpose of this certificate is to provide a sequence of courses that prepare school personnel to lead the development, implementation, evaluation, and sustainability of a three-tiered continuum of behavioral support and intervention in school settings.
This certificate program will provide a sequence of coursework based on a three-tier service delivery model consistent with the requirements of federal and state law. Students will have the knowledge and skills to provide support to students with intensive behavioral needs, provide leadership to their schools, serve as “coaches” in supporting school implementation.
Graduates of this 9-credit certificate program will be able to:
- Describe the theoretical foundations of Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports, with an emphasis on the prevention and positive practices
- Apply the principals of implementation science to the development of multi-tiered service delivery
- Understand, from a longitudinal perspective, the key developmental and environmental factors that contribute to the development of prosocial and antisocial behavior
- Organize a continuum of research-based practices within a school-wide system that addresses students’ social/behavioral needs across three tiers of intervention
- Use scientifically validated PBIS protocols and procedures to conduct program evaluation and data-based decision making
- Provide leadership to schools seeking to develop, implement, evaluate, and sustain RTI-B.
NOTE: If you are an international student who is interested in pursuing any of our graduate certificate programs, please contact Jason Aylmer BEFORE applying.
Degrees offered: Graduate Certificate
Program Format: Online
Application deadline: Rolling (Fall only)
Test Required: None
Contact: Jim Artesani
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Website: Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports