- MEd and EdS programs prepare leaders primarily for PreK-12 public and private schools, but also encompass other education agencies as well.
- The EdD program serves as a vehicle for scholarly-practitioners to study a problem of practice that informs the analysis of organizational, leadership, and educational practices within PreK-12 school settings.
- have leadership experience in PK-12 education and who wish to grow professionally and academically;
- intend to make substantial contributions to the leadership of PK-12 education and are committed to making a positive difference in their leadership practice and workplace;
- demonstrate the self-direction necessary for advanced graduate study and independent research;
- possess the ability and motivation to succeed in the rigorous interpersonal and academic demands of doctoral study. Students accepted into the program may elect to enroll in a superintendent internship.
The Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership offers opportunities for study beyond the master’s degree toward leadership roles, such as school superintendent, curriculum coordinator or to develop research capacities. A minimum of 30 credit hours is required for those with a master’s degree in Educational Leadership; 39-45 hours for those with a master’s degree in a related field.
The Master of Education in Educational Leadership requires a minimum of 40 credit hours. Students enroll in a sequence of 9 required courses which total 28 credits and may choose 4 additional elective courses. The MEd is designed primarily to prepare school-level leaders such as principals, assistant principals, and teacher leaders.
Applications for Fall 2021 are being accepted for the MEd or EdS programs in Educational Leadership.
Applications will next be accepted for the EdD in Educational Leadership in September 2021 for summer 2022.
Degrees offered: EdD, EdS, MEd
Application deadline: EdD not currently accepting applications (Summer only) | MEd/EdS is rolling until full (Fall only)
Test Required: None
Contact: Ian Mette
Contact Email: email@example.com
Program Website: Educational Leadership