Autism Spectrum Disorders
Graduates are prepared to assume leadership roles in the development and implementation of educational programs for students with ASD. Graduates work with parents, teachers, direct care staff and others who provide support for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Graduates may also find careers in:
- Health and Human Service Agencies
- Educational Settings
- Assessment and Intervention Programs
Certificate program objectives:
- Candidates will develop theoretical knowledge and applied skills for understanding the needs of students with ASD and providing evidence-based practices according to individual needs.
- Candidates will have the necessary theoretical and applied background to provide leadership to their schools and districts in developing a sound model of educational and social/behavioral support and intervention.
- Candidates will be familiar with and able to access available resources to support their districts’ efforts in providing services for their students with ASD.
- Candidates will have the knowledge and skills to serve as team leaders and coaches in supporting ASD program implementation in their schools and districts.
Degrees offered: Graduate Certificate
Application deadline: Rolling
Test Required: None
Contact: Deborah Rooks-Ellis
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Website: Autism Spectrum Disorders