For more information or to make a reservation, please contact:
Administrative Specialist: Front Desk; Scheduling for Associate Vice President; Housing; Curriculum Committee
Short Term Housing in Stodder Hall
The Graduate School offers short-term dorm-style housing for current and prospective University of Maine graduate students as well as visiting faculty and post-doctoral students working with on-campus faculty.
Rates are: $36.50 per night (includes sheets, blanket, pillow, towel, hand towel, washcloth, and bar soap).
Visitors are provided with the basics:
- Double sized bed
- Desk and chair
- Box fan
- Lounge chair with ottoman
- Guests should bring their own toiletries, kitchen utensils, and food
In order to make reservations, we require that guests supply us with the proper information including:
- Billing information
- Student ID number if registered student
- Contact phone number and email address
- Exact dates of arrival and departure
- Choice of linens or no linens
- Arrival time for keycard pickup*
*Guests who will be picking up their keycards after 4:30 pm on the scheduled check-in day need to inform the Graduate School immediately (contact info). Arrangements for after-hours pickup at the University of Maine Police Station located on the Rangeley Road will be made (photo ID required).
Amenities for guests include:
- Common rooms
- 24/7 access to Graduate Center
Lodging for University of Maine graduate students is currently available on campus in Stodder Hall. Housing in Stodder Hall is only available to graduate students and a limited number of mature undergraduates. It offers an exclusive warm and accommodating atmosphere aimed at the specific needs of graduate study.
In addition, this facility also houses the Graduate School office, the Graduate Student Government (GSG), the Graduate Center, and the Research Development office. The location of these facilities provides graduate students a convenient, unique, and supportive environment on campus. Facilities within Stodder Hall include:
- A community laundry room located on the first floor–machines are operated via student MaineCards
- Kitchens located on every floor and include refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, and sinks
- Lounges with couches and televisions
- Common areas
- Indoor bike parking
- 24/7 access to the Graduate Center
- All rooms are wired for cable, Internet, and phone services. Costs for these are automatically included in room and board.
- Regular rooms are approximately 212 square feet — small singles are about half this size
Visit Housing Services for more information on Room & Board Rates.
If you are new or soon-to-be arriving on campus, then welcome! Moving in can be an overwhelming task, so we here at the Graduate School are interested in making it as easy as possible for you. To find out the room dimensions and amenities of on-campus living, look no further!
Housing Services has created a list of suggested items to bring that we encourage you to review before or shortly after arriving on campus.
Our address is:
5775 Stodder Hall
The University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469
Your MaineCard allows you to easily and efficiently purchase food at the Union and dining halls, print and photocopy documents, buy school supplies at the University Bookstore, purchase tickets for the Collins Center for the Arts, and more!
Choose one of the following options to check-out of your room in Stodder Hall:
*Express checkout: Should be done if you are unconcerned about damages. Students who use express checkout waive their right to appeal charges. Fill out the form.
*Traditional checkout: Should be done if you are at all concerned about damages. You are able to appeal the decision to charge your account with this option. Contact your Graduate Community Coordinator or a Graduate School staff member to assist you in filling out the Room Condition Form.
When you are ready to check out of your room, please review this ‘to-do’ list:
- Have you removed all of your belongings?
- Have you emptied your mailbox?
- Have you cleaned and arranged your room neatly?
- Have you removed your trash and cleaned the floor?
- Have you set up a forwarding mail address? (Update MaineStreet and USPS!)
- If you have a roommate please come to an agreement for one checkout option
Failure to follow the tasks on this list may result in charges on your student account! The following may be assessed:
- Room cleaning (per hour charge)
- Improper checkout
- Removal of personal belongings (per hour charge)
- Disposal of property