I PhD Menu
To be considered for admission to the I-PhD in Materials Science and Engineering program, applicants will normally hold a master’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning. Exceptional students may be considered after BS degree, with prior approval from Graduate School and the Materials Steering Committee.
- A completed Graduate School application which includes transcripts of prior undergraduate and graduate work,
- Scores from the Graduate Record Exam
- A statement of Research Interests
- Letters of recommendation
- A résumé of the applicant
- In the case of international students, appropriate financial statements and scores from an English language proficiency examination (eg TOEFL), if applicable.
The Graduate School forwards completed applications to the Materials Science Steering Committee. The Steering Committee will send its recommendation to the Graduate School. Applications are accepted throughout the year.