The mission of the Electrical Engineering Technology program is to provide a quality education for its students and an outstanding professional development environment for its faculty and students.
To accomplish this mission, the Department has set the following educational objectives for its Electrical Engineering Technology curriculum.
- To prepare students to immediately contribute in the workplace upon graduation through exposure to state of the art industrial equipment, internship experience and design project experience.
- To prepare students in the business of engineering technology through the understanding of economic and business principles and effective project management techniques.
- To prepare students for the increasing computer requirements of industry through the use of computing hardware and software throughout the technical curriculum.
- To provide students with an appreciation for the ethical, legal and professional obligations necessary to function effectively in a contemporary business environment.
- To develop students’ communication skills to a level that they can present complex ideas in a clear, logical and concise manner both orally and in writing.