WebTrac Online Registrations
The WebTrac Online Registration Portal is an online service portal that is directly connected to our recreation management database.
It can be used to enroll in a Rec Swim or Workout Time Slot at the Rec Center, reserve a bouldering/auto-belay time block at Maine Bound, renew most membership types and lockers, enroll in activities, pay off balances due, check your visit history, update your contact information, view the transaction history on your account, and much more. You can browse as a guest (though the fees may not show correctly), log in if you have a customer record (AKA “Household”) in our database, or (after COVID restrictions are lifted) create a new Household.
Please review the instructions below, then click here for the WebTrac Online Service Portal.
Online Liability Waiver for Day Pass Buyers (opens a new page)
Anyone who had a customer record in our database as of August 31, 2020 already has an automatically-generated WebTrac login. There is one login per “household”, shared by all family members in that household.
- Your Username is most likely your primary email address that you have on file with us (such as, “firstname.lastname@example.org”) even if you have previously changed it.
- If you are not a UMaine student or employee and you change your email address in our system, this Username will not automatically change, but we can change it for you, on request.
- If you are a UMaine student or employee, we cannot change your username, as it is automatically set during our nightly data import.
- Your default Password is most likely your last name with the first initial capitalized (such as, “Smith”) even if you have previously changed it. You will be required to change your password the first time you log in.
If you have any difficulties logging in, your first step should be to click the Forgot Username or Reset Password button. Either of these buttons will send an email with your Username and a link to reset your password… but for this to work, you need to know (or guess) WHICH email address is listed as your primary email address in our database. Again, if you have an @maine.edu address, try that one first.
Please be aware that emailing us is the slowest option to obtain help, as that email address is only monitored by one staff member and replies will probably not be sent outside of business hours. It is much faster to click the aforementioned links or call 207.581.1082 (Rec Center) or 207.581.1794 (Maine Bound) during facility hours.
How to Retrieve Your Username and Reset Your Password – Tutorial Video
To work out or swim at the University of Maine Rec Center, you must enroll in the appropriate “Enroll by Day” activity via Activity Registrations. See below.
Policies and Frequently Asked Questions:
- Time slot enrollments may be done as much as 2 days in advance, but no less than 15 minutes prior to the start of the time block.
- One workout and one swim enrollment per family member is permitted per day.
- Please arrive within 30 minutes after the start of your enrolled time block. If you arrive after that point, we may have given your spot to a walk-in.
- Cancellations can be done on WebTrac (see below) or by calling 207.581.1078, no less than 15 minutes prior to the start of the time block.
- Repeated no-shows may be subject to a week-long enrollment time-out (walk-ins still allowed).
- We allow walk-ins on weekdays between Open and about 30 minutes prior to the start of workout time slots.
- If there is room, we allow walk-ins beginning at 30 minutes after the start of the time block.
- If there are empty enrollment time slots at the enrollment cutoff time, we will allow walk-ins for those spots. In other words, if by 8:45 there are only 30 enrollments for the 9:00 a.m. time slot, then we will allow 10 walk-ins.
How to Enroll in a Rec Swim or Workout Session: First, log into WebTrac. Then, in the light blue navigation bar at the top, click Search > Activity Search. Follow the instructions on the Activity Search page. If you have difficulty, watch the tutorial video below. If you still have trouble you may call 207.581.1082 (Rec Center) during facility hours.
How to Cancel a Rec Swim or Workout Enrollment: Ideally, due to high call volume, members should cancel via WebTrac. Please also cancel as early as you can so that others can take advantage of that time slot. First, log into WebTrac. Then, in WebTrac’s top light-blue navigation bar, click “Search” and then click “Activity Cancellations”. If the enrollment you’re looking for isn’t there, adjust the dates. The process should be straightforward if you have used WebTrac previously. If you have difficulty, watch the tutorial video below. If you still have trouble you may call 207.581.1082 (Rec Center) during facility hours.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Reservations at Maine Bound are required.
- Reservations may be made as much as 2 days prior to the start of the time block, but no less than 15 minutes prior to the start of the time block.
- One reservation per family member per day.
- Cancellations can be done on WebTrac or by calling.
How to Reserve a Climbing Center Time Block: First, log into WebTrac. Then, in the light blue navigation bar at the top, click Search > Facility Search. Enter the date and time you’d like to start your search. Choose at least 4 for ‘Max Available Blocks to Display’. Choose Listing on the Display Option menu for the most compact view. Notes: Each family member is allowed to reserve only one time slot per day, no more than 48 hours in advance.
How to Cancel a Climbing Center Time Block: You can cancel your time slot reservation on WebTrac by clicking Search > Facility Cancellation. The process should be straightforward if you have used WebTrac previously. If you have any difficulty you may call 207.581.1794 (Maine Bound) during facility hours.
Once you log in, you’ll see the buttons in the graphic at left.
If you click Update Account Details you’ll be prompted to update names, contact information, birth dates, etc. This is so we can reach you if we need to (we don’t share your info). Please note that certain Household Information is grayed-out because you cannot change it yourself. Other information will change back if you change it yourself – such as students’ and employees’ contact information – because we receive that information from the MaineCard office. You can also add new family members on this screen – remember, you can only add your spouse/partner and your legal dependents under the age of 26. You can’t add your parents, your siblings, or your neighbor’s kids.
Click View Shopping History to show all your transactions; you can filter by type and by date, and sort the list in several different ways. You can also get to this same screen from the top navigation bar (light blue)… choose My Account > History & Balances > My History.
Please remember to Log Out when you are done. The Logout link can be found at the top of the page, just above the words YOU ARE LOGGED IN! See top-left corner of the graphic at left.
Racquetball Courts (not currently available to use or reserve): This is the same process as the Rec Center Workout and Maine Bound Climbing reservations processes. First, log into WebTrac. Then, in the light blue navigation bar at the top, click Search > Facility Reservations: Facility Search. Enter the date and time you’d like to start your search. Court 1 runs “on the hour”. Court 2 runs “on the half-hour”. Remember, if you approach the racquetball courts from the front of the building, Court 2 is the first court you’ll come to, not Court 1. Make sure you use the correct court! Notes: Each household is allowed to reserve only one court, for one hour, per day.
Green time blocks are available, and if you click on the “plus sign” inside one of them, a bar will appear at the very bottom of your web browser with that time block listed. After you have added every time slot you would like to reserve, go down there and click the click the “Add to Cart” button. Choose the person who is reserving the court, then click “Continue”. A screen will come up with lots of things that look like they need to be filled out, but they don’t, just click “Continue”.
If you are finished, verify that your contact information is correct and then click “Proceed to Checkout“.
Racquetball Court Etiquette:
If you make a reservation and then decide not to play, please call 581-1082 to cancel your reservation. It’s only fair to other members to release your reservation if you’re not going to use it.
If you do not have a reservation but a court is empty when you arrive, you are welcome to use it under the following conditions:
- In Racquetball Court 1, if it is :15 or more past the hour, you may play until the reserving party arrives.
- In Racquetball Court 2, if it is :45 or more past the hour, you may play until the reserving party arrives.
- When the reserving party arrives, please vacate the courts immediately and politely.
Remember, if you approach the racquetball courts from the front of the building, Court 2 is the first court you’ll come to, not Court 1. Make sure you use the correct court!
Using the upper navigation bar, navigate to Search > Membership Renewal, or Search > Locker Renewal.
Select the membership and/or locker(s) you would like to renew by checking the box at the left. Note that any previous secondary memberships (spouse/children) will automatically be renewed along with the primary membership. Click Add to Cart.
Click “Proceed To Checkout” or, if you would like to do something else, click “Continue Shopping”.
From the WebTrac home page, you have a couple of choices. You can click on one of the category buttons shown below, or
You could also get there by using the upper navigation bar and navigating to Search > Activities > Activity Search.
Use the search boxes to further limit the results, or just scroll down to view the entire list.
Click on the green “plus sign” at the far left side of each activity in which you would like to enroll a member of your Household. (See screenshot below.) If there is more than one class available for the activity, the days and times will be listed in the descriptions. You can select more than one activity at a time.
Each time you click on a plus sign, a bar will appear at the very bottom of your web browser. After you have added every activity you would like to enroll someone in, go down there and click the click the “Add to Cart” button.
On the next page, you should see every member who is listed in your Household. Check the box for each class under the name of whichever member would like to join that class, and then click “Continue”.
On the next page you will be able to review all of the information for each class you enrolled in. If everything looks accurate, and if you’re done shopping, choose “Proceed to Checkout“.
When you have selected all your renewals, enrollments, courts, etc and you have proceeded to checkout, verify that your billing information is correct and then click “Continue”. Enter your payment information. Your receipt will be emailed to you.
Please remember to Log Out when you are done. The Logout link can be found at the top of the page, just above the words YOU ARE LOGGED IN!
Click “My Account” in the top navigation bar to see all the available options.
- Changing credit/debit card assigned to monthly auto-pay memberships
- Viewing and Reprinting Receipts
- Paying Old Balances
- Printing Visit Reports
- Printing Household Roster/Calendar of Enrollments
- “Membership not matched” – you don’t have a membership under this account, please call 207-581-1082 during business hours for help.
- “This email address is used on more than one account” – Your email address is listed on more than one account (which may mean you have a duplicate account and that’s where your membership is). This error will prevent you from being able to request a reset of your WebTrac password. Call 207-581-1082 during business hours for help.
- “Potential duplicate found” – There is a potential duplicate person or household record already in our database. Send an email to email@example.com and indicate that you need duplicates merged.
- “We could not verify the information you entered. Please contact our office to retreive your login information.” – You have entered an email address that does not appear in our database. If you have multiple email addresses, try another one.