You’re in a great place
UMaine hires more than faculty and researchers. Employment opportunities abound for people with a wide range of skills and experiences, and our benefits packages include comprehensive insurance coverage, tuition waivers, retirement plans, and more.
Join our team
Auxiliary Services is a group of departments working collaboratively to meet a broad variety of needs on the UMaine campus.
- Prepare delicious meals for residential and retail dining
- Cater events for a variety of clients
- Clean and maintain housing for students and summer visitors
- Print signs, flyers, postcards, wall-clings, and award-winning publications
- Process and deliver mail to residence halls and offices, and hold packages for secure pick-up
- Program MaineCards for secure building access and financial transactions
- Sell textbooks, supplies, technology and UMaine apparel
We employ approximately
- 230 hourly employees (most are full-time, and work 10 or 12 months per year)
- 50 salaried professionals
- 1 dozen temp workers
- 200–500 student employees throughout the year