Careers in Sociology
- Graduate Schools and Opportunities (updated 11-26-13)
- Internship Opportunities (updated 2-18-14)
- Job Opportunities (Updated 1-24-14)
- More Information on Sociology Careers
- Volunteer Opportunities (updated 2-6-14)
Our Careers in Sociology booklet is available in printed form through the office at 201 Fernald Hall – and click the book cover to the right for a PDF version:
The ASA careers booklet, “21st Century Careers with an Undergraduate Degree in Sociology” is also available in the office. Stop by and pick one up, or ask your advisor about careers in sociology and the resources we have available.
Opportunities exist for employment in fields such as criminal justice, public relations, human resources management, industrial relations, organizational research, marketing, family counseling, community planning, teaching, and health care and family planning. Skills developed during our four-year program include knowledge of complex organizations, social institutions, and a firm grasp of research design and methods.
Graduates have reported obtaining some of the following positions:
- Assistant Administrative Coordinator
- Insurance Adjuster
- Community Education Coordinator
- Residential Counselor
- Underwriter Trainee
- Employee Administrator
- Legal Assistant; Home Care Consultant
- Personnel Manager
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Trust Administrator
- Contract Administrator
- Health Care Administrator
- Public Information Coordinator
Click here for a more complete list of possible job titles.