Learning Goals for Undergraduates - New Media
Students graduating with a B.A. in New Media will have:
- A sound grounding in the diverse methods and processes of creative and professional activity and production in New Media.
- An understanding of the constantly transforming role of information in society that will enable them to create and innovate in every manner of individual and cultural practice and expression.
- The professional practices, skills and abilities associated with the field of New Media.
- The knowledge and competencies in some of the following areas: digital design, artistic and creative production, systems, networks, web-cultures, web-literature, communication, and the history and theory of ideas relevant to new media.
- The perspectives and knowledge to become socially responsible producers, innovators and leaders in the creation, use and distribution of information artifacts and networks.