As you prepare to leave UMaine at the end of your exchange program, here is a quick checklist:
1. Meet with the Study Abroad Advisor to share some highlights and provide feedback about your overall experience.
2. Pay attention to the day and time when all residence halls close. Talk to your Resident Assistant (RA) or Community Coordinator (CC) if you have any questions. You may need to find alternative accommodation for a few days if you are not departing Orono immediately after finals.
3. Pay any outstanding balance to UMaine before you depart. UMaine will not issue a final transcript of grades until any unpaid balance is paid. This may slow down your transfer credit evaluation at your home institution.
4. At the end of each semester, Residential Life bills all students for common area damages. Usually it is about $15-20 for the semester. Leave $20 on your student account to cover the extra damage charges. You will not receive a final bill at home since all notices from the Bursar’s office are sent to your FirstClass email account. Continue checking MaineStreet for updates.
5. Request an official transcript from the Office of Student Records. Request at least one copy for yourself and a copy for your home university. Select “after grades are posted from current semester.” You can also check your grades on MaineStreet at any time once they are posted at the end of the semester.
6. Your FirstClass email account at UMaine will deactivate and delete all emails within 90 days after the end of this semester. Provide friends and faculty with a forwarding address.
7. Stop by the Office of International Programs before you depart to say goodbye. You are always welcome to stop by OIP if you travel to Maine in the future.
Image Description: Print Friendly