Home - About OIP
The Office of International Programs (OIP) has primary responsibility for coordinating University of Maine international academic and outreach initiatives, activities and programs. The OIP fosters and supports international education on campus, and strives to promote international understanding and global awareness. OIP is a unit of Academic Affairs.
The OIP is responsible for:
- Recruitment and admission of undergraduate and transfer international students.
- Establishing and coordinating successful exchange programs and study abroad opportunities
- The University’s Exchange Visitor and Study Abroad Program
- Immigration processing and advising
- With academic departments, sponsoring activities, seminars and programs to promote international awareness