Curriculum - Performance Management
At UMaine, Performance Management is an ongoing process that reflects the University’s commitment to our employees’ growth and success. Performance Management involves three essential components:
- An up-to-date job description.
- An ongoing cycle of meaningful and effective feedback and communication.
- A written assessment, produced after the first six months of a new employee’s hire and every year thereafter.
Performance Management is intended to help you and your employee:
- Establish mutually understood performance expectations/goals.
- Provide feedback on accomplishments and improvement areas.
- Develop a plan for the following year’s job performance.
- Successfully recognize, support, and enhance the contribution of the employee toward the realization of personal, professional, departmental, and institutional goals.