Professional Development Funds
The Classified Employee Advisory Council (CEAC) has received funds from the University Administration for professional development for Classified Employees. The purpose of this fund is to provide assistance to Classified Employees to attend professional development on and off campus. Each Classified Employee can apply for an award(s) of up to $300. Development funds may be used for workshops hosted by the CEAC, workshops hosted by on-and off-campus agencies, conferences (including travel and lodging), tuition, books, supplies as needed for course, etc.
- Each classified employee can apply for an award(s) of up to $300.
- Development funds may be used for workshops hosted by the CEAC, workshops hosted by on- and off-campus agencies, conferences (including travel and lodging).
- Development funds may be used for tuition, books, supplies as needed for course, etc.
- Be a full-time or part-time regular classified employee.
- Have not received CEAC development funds within the last year. (CEAC does not fund any individual or department two  consecutive years.)
- Send a completed application form including supporting documentation (conference program, workshop agenda, or course syllabi) to Cindy D’Angelo, Maine Business School, D.P. Corbett.
- Brief description for requirement of funds.
Applications will be reviewed. You will be notified of the Committee’s decision by the end of the month. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Please allow 4-6 weeks for process.
The following information needs to be turned in to a Committee member within 30 days of the completion of your event.
- A travel expense voucher with original receipts (if attending a conference/workshop).
- Book refunds for bk rec within the semester of class.
Reimbursement may be expected following the date that the completed paperwork including original receipts is received by the Committee. Please note that tuition (less tuition waiver amount reimbursed by the System) and books (less tax).
If you have any questions on your eligibility, the application process or reimbursement process, do not hesitate to contact the CEAC treasurer via FirstClass or at the phone number listed below. To download application form: Professional Development for Classified Employees Fund
Cindy D’Angelo, Maine Business School, 581-1963