Professional Development Funds
The Classified Employee Advisory Council (CEAC) receives funds from the University administration for professional development for classified employees. The purpose of this fund is to provide assistance to classified employees to attend professional development on and off campus.
- Each classified employee can apply for an award(s) of up to $300.
- Development funds may be used for workshops hosted by the CEAC, workshops hosted by on- and off-campus agencies, conferences (including travel and lodging).
- Development funds may be used for tuition, books, supplies as needed for course, etc.
- Be a full-time or part-time regular classified employee.
- Have not received CEAC development funds within the last year. (CEAC does not fund any individual or department two  consecutive years.)
- Send a completed application form including supporting documentation (conference program, workshop agenda, or course syllabi) to Ranee Dow, Memorial Gym, University of Maine Campus.
- Include a brief statement of how the experience will benefit your professional development and/or the University as a whole. (No more than two  paragraphs.)
Applications will be reviewed on the third Friday of every month. You will be notified of the Committee’s decision by the end of the month. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
The following information needs to be turned in to a Committee member within 30 days of the completion of your event.
- A short report on your findings at the event.
- A travel expense voucher with original receipts (if attending a conference/workshop).
Reimbursement may be expected by the first of the month following the date that the completed paperwork including original receipts is received by the Committee. Please note that tuition (less tuition waiver amount reimbursed by the System) and books (less tax and buyback amount) will be reimbursed at the end of the semester.
If you have any questions on your eligibility, the application process or reimbursement process, do not hesitate to contact the CEAC treasurer via FirstClass or at the phone number listed below.
Ranee Dow, Athletics Department, 581-1074