Professional Development Funds
Professional Development Funds and Book Buying Funds
The Classified Employee Advisory Council (CEAC) has received funds from the University Administration for professional development and book buying for Classified Employees. The purpose of this fund is to provide assistance to Classified Employees to attend professional development on and off campus or to purchase books for classes.
Each Classified Employee can apply for an award(s) of up to $200 to include book buying funds per fiscal year. Development funds may be used for workshops hosted by the CEAC, workshops hosted by on-and off-campus agencies, conferences (including travel and lodging), and registration fees. The book fund is just that to purchase books for your classes.
- Each classified employee can apply for an award(s) of up to $200 per fiscal year.
- Development funds may be used for workshops hosted by the CEAC, workshops hosted by on- and off-campus agencies, conferences (including travel and lodging), registration fees.
- Book buying funds may be used for buying books.
Be a full-time/part-time regular classified employee of the University of Maine (i.e. Flagship campus) or a full-time/part-time regular classified employee of the University of Maine System with a primary work location on the University of Maine Campus in Orono.
Rules for Book Buying
- You must be a Classified Employee of the University of Maine or University of Maine System that “lives” on this campus (Orono).
- You must completely fill out the form with all information and submit it to: Attn: Development Funds at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The form MUST be for books and required course materials as per your syllabus this must include prices (Available at the bookstore)
- If your class is not on the UMaine campus, you must purchase the book and submit receipt for reimbursement. (CEAC is unable to reimburse sales tax as it is a non-profit entity)
- Once the CEAC has emailed you that your name has been submitted to the bookstore, give the bookstore 24 hours to input the data into their system.
- When you go to the bookstore to get your books, you MUST show them your MaineCard.
- Make sure you tell the clerk this is the Classified Employee Scholarship.
- Currently there is a $200.00 limit on books per fiscal year per employee. Anything over $200 is the responsibility of the employee
- Professional Development funds are part of your $200.00 per fiscal year.
- CEAC does not cover any fees associated with your course.
Q: What if my class is not at the University of Maine Flagship campus?
A: The scholarship will support your book. However, the bookstore no longer can order books that are not for classes on this campus. You will need to submit your receipt through the Concur system to be reimbursed for your purchase. CEAC Concur Reimbursement 11 2015
Q: What do I do with the book after the class is over?
A: Unless you choose to keep your book, please return it to a CEAC member. Pay it forward.
Q: What happens if I drop the class?
A: Please make sure to return the book and receipt to CEAC so that we can have the money put back in the scholarship account.
- Send a completed Application Form including supporting documentation (conference program, workshop agenda, or course syllabi) to Attn: Development Funds at email@example.com
- Brief description for requirement of funds.
Applications will be reviewed. You will be notified of the Committee’s decision within 2 weeks of receipt. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
The following information needs to be turned in to the CEAC Development Committee within 30 days of the completion of your event.
A travel expense voucher with original receipts (if attending a conference/workshop).
Detailed receipt for books purchased (less any taxes)
Reimbursement may be expected following the date that the completed paperwork including original receipts is received by the Committee.
If you have any questions on your eligibility, the application process, or reimbursement process, do not hesitate to contact the CEAC treasurer via FirstClass or at the phone number listed below. To download application form:Application Form