Program Resources - Outdoor Events
Student Concerts and other Large Events Policy
- All student groups requesting space (indoor or outdoor) for entertainment purposes, guest speakers, or similar events, where a contract is executed in the amount of $2000 or more, or where the expected attendance is 600 or more, must secure in writing approval for the use of this space from the Director of the Campus Activities and Student Engagement office. This authorization must be received before any commitment, contractual or otherwise, may be made.
- The Department of Public Safety is responsible for the security at concerts and other large events and is therefore the lead agency in planning and supervising that security, Security hired by concert organizers and student security volunteers are responsible to the Department of Public Safety.
- University of Maine Public Safety will work with private security vendors to manage the audience in front of stages. “Mosh pits” are not allowed.
- Alcohol is not permitted at University student concerts or other such events.
- Carry-ins, including backpacks, are not allowed at concerts and other such outdoor events.
- Volume levels must be in compliance with municipal noise ordinance requirements. Concert planners are reminded that the stipulations of this ordinance change after 11:00 p.m. The ordinance is available in its entirety from the Office of Campus Activities.
- Attendance at events is restricted to individuals 18 years of age or older, or college students with their institutional state-issued I.D.
For more information contact the office of Campus Activities and Student Engagement (581-1736).