Professional learning opportunity sponsored by the Maine STEM Partnership at the RiSE Center, University of Maine
The Maine STEM Partnership is opening up an exciting new way to participate in the RiSE Center Teaching Fellowship program. Associate members will have access to this established community of experienced teachers, early career teachers, and RiSE Center staff, through supportive meetings, special interest groups, and collaborative relationships with fellow teachers.
Becoming a 2022–23 associate member will connect you with highly motivated teachers around the state who have a common interest in implementing research-based strategies to improve teaching and student learning. You will attend four 90-minute online meetings where you will explore teaching strategies related to the Special Interest Group (SIG) you select and discuss implementation of each strategy in your teaching environment. As you implement each strategy, you will collect evidence for your personal reflection and share your experiences with your SIG:
- Building Teacher-Student and Student-Student Relationships
- Using Active Learning Strategies to Build an Inclusive Classroom
- Using Formative Assessment to Support All Learners
- Using NGSS Standards and 3D Learning and/or CC Mathematics Standards
Current Teaching Fellowship Community members have expressed the following sentiments:
- I have gained confidence and skills by implementing new ideas shared in our meetings.
- Meetings have been useful because products were created that could easily be implemented in the classroom.
- There is value in the positive relationships formed within the small group discussions.
- Being a member has provided me with access to teachers from different schools. I find it valuable to hear from teachers that I do not interact with on a daily basis, whether to share the challenges and joys of teaching, learn from each other, or be inspired by each other.
This online community will meet on the following Wednesdays from 4:00–5:30 p.m.:
- January 18, 2023
- March 1, 2023
- April 5, 2023
- May 3, 2023
Annual associate membership is open to all middle and high school STEM-discipline teachers in Maine.
$450 registration fee. If your school or district has agreed to pay for this professional learning opportunity, you can select “Invoice (Enter School or District Billing Info)” at checkout.
Participants will receive contact hours and a $225 stipend ($45 per meeting) for attending these professional learning meetings.
To request a reasonable accessibility accommodation to participate, please contact the RiSE Center: email@example.com or 207-581-4672.
Registration is open through 1/17.