New Procedure & Guidance: Controlled Substances

The Office of Research Compliance launched a new area of guidance, Use of Controlled Substances in Research. The site provides an overview of Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) regulations and University procedures. Of note, use of controlled substances in research and/or teaching activities requires prior approval, typically from the UMaine Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).  If unsure, or the use of controlled substances is not related to the use of live vertebrate animals, contact the Office of Research Compliance for guidance.

Use of Controlled Substances in Research