UMS TRANSFORMS UMAINE
Pathways to Careers
Part of the UMS TRANSFORMS Student Success & Retention Initiative
Hands-on experiences in the workforce during college can be critical for students to set their career goals and to land their first job after graduation. The value of these experiences can vary widely, however, and without adequate support, high-impact internships may only be available to a small subset of students.
As part of the UMS TRANSFORMS Student Success & Retention Initiative, Pathways to Careers is focused on infusing, across the University of Maine System, a more deliberate, visible, and effective set of activities that ensure our UMS-wide commitment to effective career placement.
- Expanding access to internships and experiential learning with employer partners.
- Preparing students to get the most out of internships, co-ops, and practicums.
- Working with external partners to design experiences that maximize student experiences.
- Increasing career placement, satisfaction, and performance.
Request for Proposals (Academic Year 2023-2024)
We invite you to submit ideas for the Pathways to Careers (PTC) initiative describing how they will support new or expanded career exploration and student internship opportunities during a two-year pilot period. Assessment of this pilot will inform our actions in subsequent years, but funds and activities are anticipated for multiple years after this pilot period.
This Request for Proposals strives to increase:
- Access to career-related experiences to all of our students.
- The quality of our students’ career-related experiences.
- Coordination among UMS universities in our stewardship of these experiences.
Please contact email@example.com with questions and they will be directed to the appropriate person for reply.
|UMaine / UMM Ideas Submission Deadline||February 3, 2023|
|UMaine / UMM PTC Leadership meets||Week of February 6, 2023|
|UMaine / UMM submits its Notice of Intent (NOI) to submit a proposal||February 15, 2023|
|Pathways to Careers Workshop||Late February 2023|
|Full project proposals and overall University cover letter, budget, & justification||March 31, 2023|
Additional Information & Recordings
- Pathways to Careers Virtual Town Hall / Q&A
- Held on January 31, 2023 from 2:00 – 3:30