Academic Affairs Faculty Forums
Welcome to the Academic Affairs Faculty Forum website
The Academic Affairs Faculty Forums are designed to create a venue for meaningful sharing of ideas about important initiatives in Academic Affairs. As we move forward together to advance the UMaine mission, collaboration between the faculty and administration of the university is essential to advancement toward our strategic goals. The forums are one venue for this collaboration. This website is designed to extend the collaboration beyond the public meeting. After each forum, we will post relevant materials and create a space where faculty members can submit reactions, comments or questions generated by the forum.
The Academic Affairs Faculty Forums are being scheduled for the 2019-2020 academic year. The dates, times, and topics for the forums are listed below when confirmed.
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2019 (3-4:30pm) Learning Analytics – An Introduction, Bangor Room, Memorial Union
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019 (3-4:30pm) General Education update, Bangor Room, Memorial Union
- Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020 (3-4:30pm) Best UMaine Practices in Reaching and Retaining Students, Wells Conference Center
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 (3-4:30pm) Finishing the Term – Supporting Faculty, Wells Conference Center
Fall 2019 Budget Forums
- Forum #1: Forecasting and Process – Wednesday, October 16 (9:00-10:30 a.m., Bangor Room, Memorial Union)
- Forum #2: Allocation – Wednesday, November 6, (9:30-11am, Bangor Room, Memorial Union)
- Forum #3: The Projected FY21 Budget with President Ferrini-Mundy – Wednesday, December 4 (2:00-4:00 p.m., Bangor Room, Memorial Union)