Steve Gould Award Committee
FUNCTION: Created in 1981 by the family and friends of Steve Gould, in loving memory of a man of honest and passionate concern for others. The Award shall be made by the President of the University of Maine at Orono to those persons or organizations who have by their conduct demonstrated superior qualities of unselfishness and compassion in the course of service to the University and its ideals.
The award is to be made to those persons (students, staff, faculty members) or organizations who have, by their conduct, demonstrated superior qualities of unselfishness and compassion in the course of service to the University and its ideals. Those involved in acts of heroism may also be nominated.
The committee will solicit nominations from the University community of students and employees meeting the criteria of the award. The selection committee will recommend the names of one or more recipients to the President for approval. Award recipients will be honored at a special reception during the fall semester, and will receive a cash award (the amount of which may vary depending upon the number of recipients and the funds available in the endowment account).
The selection committee for the Steve Gould Award shall be chaired by the Executive Assistant to the President, and shall be comprised of representatives from:
- Representative from the President’s Office – ex-officio
- Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students (or designee)
- Director of Human Resources (or designee)
- Director of Student Employment and Volunteer Services (or designee)
- Representative from CEAC
- Representative from PEAC
- Representative from Faculty Senate
- Representative from Graduate Student Government
- Representative from Undergraduate Student Government
- Interfraternity Council Chair
- Panhellenic Council Chair