Planning UMaine-sponsored events on campus
At the University of Maine, event forms are required a minimum of 30 days prior to events expected to attract 50 or more participants. Student-organized events are managed by the Division of Student Life. Non-university organization events are coordinated by Conferences and Institutes. For all other members of the UMaine community, event forms are online. A UMaine events planning checklist is below.
UMaine events planning checklist
Please review federal, state and university health and safety guidance related to the coronavirus pandemic, including requirements for social distancing and face coverings. Information can be found on the umaine.edu/return website.
- Check your proposed event dates and times against scheduled events listed in the UMaine calendar.
- For events of 50 or more participants, or those including fire pits, fireworks, or alcohol license, fill out and submit a UMaine events form at least 30 days in advance of proposed event. For assistance in filling out the form: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com. Note: some events may require insurance.
- Need a venue? Contact building managers.
- Need promotional materials or publicity assistance? Contact Marketing and Communications; 581.3745; firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that templates for branded name tags, programs and other materials are online.
- Need promotional materials printed or mailed? Contact Printing and mailing services, 581.3767; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need food or planning to serve alcohol at your event? Contact UMaine Catering, 581.4718; email@example.com.
- For event parking questions, contact Parking Services, 581.4047; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have a nonemergency, event-related question for the University of Maine Police Department? um.
- Need audio/visual services? Call 581.2500.
- Need event signage at campus entrances, tables, chairs or podiums? Go online to Facilities Management.
- Are you contracting with a vendor? Go online.