Upcoming RAN Meetings
Upcoming RAN Workshops
Deadline to submit your registration request through RAN is 5pm, Friday, November 24th, 2023
AI is not just a buzzword but a game-changer. Explore, discuss, and connect with your colleagues. AI in Research Administration is a key to unlocking efficiency and innovation, and this session will explore how we got here, the legal and ethical considerations, how we can leverage these tools to enhance our work and take time to share and connect during the After the Show.
- Understand the fundamentals of artificial intelligence (AI) and its historical development.
- Recognize the legal considerations and ethical challenges associated with implementing AI in research administration.
- Explore how research administrators leverage AI tools and techniques to enhance their work processes.
- Gain insights into the future of AI in research administration, including emerging trends and potential impacts.
- Engage in a Q&A session to address specific concerns and foster knowledge sharing among participants.
** ORC invites you to subscribe to the Research Compliance Newsletter, launching in Spring 2022, to be published each semester. This newsletter is designed to keep the research community up to date on compliance topics and make it easier for researchers to gain and maintain compliance.**
What can RAN do for you?
RAN membership provides professional development opportunities. As a member of RAN you will receive notifications about upcoming meetings and changes in the processes, guidance, and policies maintained through central administration. The RAN committee will offer training and networking sessions for research administrators throughout the year. The committee will bring in guest speakers as needed and present programming to provide the best tools and resources to support research administrators. A typical agenda may feature an update on current research activities, changes in the uniform guidance, or educational topics driven by the needs of the network members.
A network site through the UMaine Portal has been established in order to facilitate the RAN mission. The network site gives RAN members access to upcoming meeting materials; notes and handouts from past meetings; resources and training; and discussion boards (RSS feeds) for ongoing conversation of topics of need and relevance to the research administrators network. This site can only be accessed by members of the RAN community.
For questions about RAN, including ideas for future meetings and access to the RAN Portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To build the University’s research support infrastructure by enhancing the professional competencies of those who support and contribute to the research enterprise.
- Provide educational and training workshops on topics related to research administration
- Inform the research community on research related policy, guidance and procedural changes
- Provide a networking platform for research administrators to share information, expertise and best practices
- Enhance communication between the Office of Research Administration (ORA) and the research community
Our membership consists of representatives from across all areas of the University research enterprise including faculty, staff and administrators.