Fogler Library hosts Latin American Film Festival Feb. 14–March 21
The University of Maine Fogler Library will host the Latin American Film Festival, with five screenings of Spanish and Portuguese language movies subtitled in English starting Feb. 14 through March 21.
Screenings will occur in person and online via streaming. In-person events will include featured guests and refreshments. The scheduled screenings are as follows:
- Feb. 14, 7-9:30 p.m. — “Perfect Strangers” (2018), dir. Manolo Caro, Mexico — Fogler Library Lynch Room
- Feb. 21, 7-9:30 p.m. — “Machuca” (2004), dir. Andrés Wood, Chile — Fogler Library Lynch Room
- Feb. 21, 7-9:30 p.m. — “Alice Júnior” (2019), dir. Gil Baroni, Brazil — Fogler Library Lynch Room
- March 7, 7-9:30 p.m. — “Vicenta” (2020), dir. Darío Doria, Argentina — Fogler Library Lynch Room
- March 21, 6-8 p.m. — “Eternal Amazon” (2012), dir. Belisário Franca, Brazil — Fogler Library Classroom 1
For streaming access, visit the film festival website (username: SFC@UniversityofMaine; password: FilmFestUofMaine23). For more information about the films and screenings, visit the Fogler Library events webpage. To request a reasonable accommodation, email Christopher Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The festival is made possible through a Pragda Spanish Film Club Grant and with generous support from the Alton ’38 and Adelaide Hamm Campus Activity Fund.